Tuesday 11 August 2009

Moving from Depression to Happiness

This is one of the best YouTube videos on coming out of depression I've ever seen by a sufferer who's found a strategy to lift herself out of the condition. There are some religious references but the video is valuable no matter what your religious beliefs are.

Although there's talk here about setting and achieving goals the best goal I'd recommend aiming for is 'the kind of person I want to be' and then keep taking actions in line with being that kind of person.

Don't expect to become 100% happy overnight - it's a case of improving the percentage of time you are happy alongside the percentage of time you are depressed until you notice you're 90% happy (and to me that's good enough!) - you may want to keep a journal to record your progress. As the 'happiness habits' become ingrained you simply end up doing more and more of them automatically.

Hope you enjoy the video.



Did you find this video interesting or helpful? Please leave a comment below.

Regards - Carl

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. when i go out with my mates i am on a high, the next day i am on a real downer cant be arsed to do anything and feel worse than before i went out - crazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gazza - I think that's called a hang-over mate! I'm going to be doing a post on reducing emotional extremes soon which is what I think you're talking about here.

    - Carl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be yourself and be happy!10 February 2011 at 00:05

    Great video,
    And it all makes such sense. I will make an article about this on my website. Thanks a lot for sharing. I think you have helped a lot of people with your video, me included.
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Hidden caves in the brain explain sleep

'Hidden caves' that open up in the brain may help explain sleep’s amazing restorative powers.  Click here  to read the article. ...