Sunday 5 July 2009

Happy People Don't Always Believe What They Think ...

I'm reading Marci's 'Happy for No Reason' book right now and it's excellent. In this interview she talks about happy people not always believing what they think. I'd go a bit further than that and say don't always believe what you feel too.

Thoughts and feelings flow through us like leaves on the surface of a fast-flowing river - we all need to learn which thoughts and feelings to let go by and which to collect and work with.

Once upon a time if a negative viewpoint was thrown at me by someone significant to me I'd worry about it and it would fester into self-criticism and I'd feel 'not good enough' - just like they say in the video. Now I take a very deliberately biased view and let those thoughts float right on by (or I actually remove that person from my life if they won't stop putting me down). You've got to do these things if you want to be unconditionally happy.

Today Show Interview


[TABLE=10]

If you buy Marci's book from Amazon please take a trip over to her website and sign up for her newsletter at http://www.happyfornoreason.com



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden caves in the brain explain sleep

'Hidden caves' that open up in the brain may help explain sleep’s amazing restorative powers.  Click here  to read the article. ...